Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Yearning for New beginnings...

I have never been in a similar place as I am now in my life.
Change doesn't scare me like most people.
I actually yearn for it sometimes.
Currently I am yearning for it but differently than ever before.
Usually I have an idea of where, what or when I want change to happen. Now, I have no idea. You know when you decide to go off to college you know where you are going. When you change jobs you know what you are going to be doing.

Everything in our life has been at a stand still for both Josh and myself.

Until now.

The first change is happening and I know there is more to come.

Josh is changing jobs.

He has decided to consult on his own instead of with the company he has currently been with for almost 6 years now. It is a major change in a lot of ways but in some ways not really a change at all. He will still be doing the exact same thing as before but with a different title and different people.

Josh and I both feel like the last few years have been going by so fast and we got lost in the day and day stuff. When I first met him he was so ambitious and I was instantly attracted.
We went from possibly living in China to living in Holliday, Tx.
I'm not saying that is bad at all, just one extreme from the other. Obviously getting married and having kids changes your goals or at least can redirect them. I think that we both got off our goals all together so that is why we feel like we are questioning our whole life and where we want to go.

We are anxious about this first piece of the new puzzle.
Excited to see what happens next.

I am de-cluttering my house and my head.

Like I said in a previous post, Parenthood changes everything. It definitely has us re-defining our happiness and what we want out of this time we have here on earth. Our ambitions have been re-ignited but in a different way then say when we graduated college. We know what we want but we don't.
I think God is toying with us. :)
We both yearn for change and he is just giving us a little taste with Josh's new job.
He is keeping us on the edge of our seats.

This crossroads has brought us closer together and we have even a stronger relationship than before.

God works wonders.

Maybe this was his goal all along.
We both believe that everything happens for a reason and God won't put more on you than you can handle.

1 comment:

  1. Embrace the change to come and face it together. Ya'll can accomplish anything you want to when you decide what you want it to be. Remember Romans 8:31 "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

    ReplyDelete