Thursday, July 1, 2010

Things are starting to look clearer...

For any mother out there you can probably understand where I am coming from when I say "becoming a mother changes EVERYTHING!" It is the most wonderful thing on earth by far. The love you have for something so small and so instantly can't be anything more than a miracle from God. This last year my view on "life" has changed drastically. This last few months my view has changed even more. I have always been that type of person who goes, goes, goes and have managed to keep that up until lately. I seriously thought that our "crazy" life was normal but I think I was living in denial. I can't explain what hit me upside the head but I am ready for a change. I don't feel like I have missed out on things but I have definitely not felt them and really took them in like I should. My little boy is already 15 months old! He is growing up so super fast and if I don't slow down and simplify my life I am going to end up missing or forgetting. We are blessed that I get to stay at home and be a full-time mother and a wife and that is now my goal. I have to learn that I can't say "yes" all the time, I can't be at all events and I can't do everything alone. I am obsessed with making people happy but really the only people I need to worry about making happy is myself and my family. In the last few months I have been questioning my "country life" and thought that it was making my life more complicated. I thought that if we moved back to the city that everything would be perfect. I would have everything at my fingers tip and it would just be easier. In the last few days after a lot of crying, talking and evaluating our life things are starting to look clearer. It doesn't matter where I live if I continue to live this 90 mile an hour lifestyle. It isn't healthy for me physically, emotionally and definitely isn't healthy in my relationships. I am tired of doing things half-ass around the house just to get by, I'm tired of scrambling around like a chicken with my head cut-off to get household chores done and most importantly I'm tired of always feeling tired and unfinished. I want to start and end every day knowing that I worked hard, played harder and loved unconditionally the two most important men in my life. I know God has a plan for us and we will follow him where ever he takes us but right now, today, it is here in Holliday, Tx.

2 comments:

  1. We love you guys and hope we can get together more often. I have been re-evaluating some of the same things in my life and have come to the same conclusions. Really glad to have "rekindled" our friendship over swimming. Love you and we are only 15 miles or a phone call away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and if you need anything at all, I am just a phone call away! Ya'll take care of each other and keep your faith and you will find what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete